Sodium Bisulphite (Sodium Hydrogensulphite) 38,5 – 40% solution
EC No: 31-548-0
CAS No: 7631-90-5
EC name: sodium hydrogensulfite
IUPAC name: sodium hydrogensulfite
Trade names: Sodium Bisulfite, Sodium Hydrogensulfite, Sulfurous acid, monosodium salt (8CI, 9CI), Hydrogen sodium sulfite, Monosodium sulfite, Sodium acid sulfite
Synonyms: Sodium Hydrogensulfite
Physical appearance: clear, slightly yellow solution
Sodium Bisulphite solution is a clear, slightly yellow liquid.
This solution has a strong odour of Sulphur Dioxide.
Sodium Bisulphite solution oxidizes when released to air.
Chemical base material – only for industrial purposes.
- Production and industrial use
- In chemical synthesis as a catalyst for the production of sulfonates, pesticides, herbicides, etc.
- Use as photographic chemicals
- Manufacturing of textiles (bleaching of fibers, in the dyeing as a fixative), leather (for pet hair removal), furs
- Sugar (as guarantor for sterile conditions), electroplating, adhesives industry
- Water desalination (reverse osmosis to remove leaking chlorine) and for maintaining membranes
- Bacteriostatic in starch production
- Disinfectant in the manufacture of cellulose ester
- Disinfectant in fermentation process
- Disinfectant in the cosmetic and can industry
- Manufacturing of rubber and plastic products
- Use as a bleaching agent in the paper industry
- Production and processing of wood and wood products
- Manufacturing of food products (conservation, antioxidants)
- Water treatment, mining (including offshore industry), treatment of metal surfaces
- Manufacturing of synthetic fibers
- Additive for cement
- Chemicals for agriculture, fertilizers
- Food (E 222) and feed additive
- Use in ink eraser
The following certificates are available for this product: