Ammonium Persulphate / 0,3; 0,5
Ammonium Persulphate – (NH₄)₂S₂O₈
EC No: 231-786-5
CAS No: 7727-54-0
EC name: diammonium peroxodisulphate
IUPAC name: diammonium peroxodisulphate
Trade name: Ammonium Persulphate
Synonyms: Ammonium Peroxydisulphate
Physical appearance: white crystals
Ammoniumpersulphate is an odourless, white, crystalline salt with hygroscopic character.
In humid atmosphere it has a tendency for lump formation.
Therefore, an optional delivery with silicic acid is possible. (0,3 % and 0,5 %)
It is a strong oxidizer and releases sulfuric acid when decomposing.
Additionally, due to its high purity it has good storage stability and as well as it can be easily and safely handled.
It is not flammable but highly oxidizing.
Ammonium Persulphate standard (Spec. 1000)
Ammonium Persulphate standard with 0,3 % (Spec 1003) or with 0,5 % Aerosil (Spec. 1004)
Ammonium Persulphate cosmetic quality with 0,5 % Aerosil (Spec. 1008)
- in the cosmetic industry in bleaching formulations
- as an initiator for polymerization of acrylic monomers and others
- as oxidative degradation for waste gas treatment
- chemical synthesis
- as bleaching activator, particularly for cold bleaching in the textile industry
- as desizing agent in the textile industry
- decontamination (Water treatment)
- as strong oxidizing agent in many other applications
The following certificate is available for this product:
NSF (water treatment)