Potassium Persulphate / 0,5
Potassium Persulphate – K₂S₂O₈
EC No: 231-781-8
CAS No: 7727-21-1
EC name: dipotassium peroxodisulphate
IUPAC name: dipotassium peroxodisulphate
Trade name: Potassium Persulphate
Synonyms: Potassium Peroxodisulphate, Dipotassium Peroxodisulphate, Anthion, Potassium persulfuricum
Physical appearance: white crystals
Potassium Persulphate is an odourless, white, crystalline salt with only a minor hygroscopic character.
Due to its fine crystalline form, it has a tendency for lump formation.
Therefore an optional delivery with silicic acid is possible. (0,5 %)
It is a strong oxidizer that is used in many applications.
Additionally, due to its high purity it has good storage stability and as well as it can be easily and safely handled.
It is not flammable but highly oxidizing.
Potassium Persulphate standard (Spec. 2000)
Potassium Persulphate standard with 0,5 % Aerosil (Spec. 2002)
Potassium Persulphate cosmetic quality with 0,5 % Aerosil (Spec. 2003)
- in the cosmetic industry in bleaching formulations
- as an initiator for polymerization of acrylic monomers and others
- as oxidative degradation for waste gas treatment
- chemical synthesis
- in the paper industry for the modification of starch and especially for repulping of wet-strength paper
- as bleaching activator, particularly for cold bleaching in the textile industry
- as desizing agent in the textile industry
- decontamination (Water treatment)
- as strong oxidizing agent in many other applications